Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound allows real time examination of soft tissues and accurate diagnosis of a wide variety of conditions.
Diagnosis is the cornerstone of appropriate treatment. With the Ultrasound, we can track your pets progress throughout treatment and accurately identify when they can return to free activity and unrestricted fun. The Ultrasound allows us to diagnose problems, and view your pets progress in real time. It gives us the unique ability to observe muscle activation, how different tissues are gliding across each other, and blood flow within joints and muscle, that improves the quality of diagnosis and treatment.
Some of the conditions we can diagnose:
- Biceps tendinopathy
- Supraspinatus tendinopathy
- Muscle tears
- Fluid build up in joints and tissue
- Changes to the joint capsule
We can also use this Ultrasound to allow targeted treatment for arthritis and soft tissue injuries by identifying location and injecting topical treatments. Some of the medications we can inject into joints or soft tissue structures include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)
- Patelet rich plasma (PRP)
- Stem cells
These can all aid or speed up recovery.
There are also a range of advantages to using ultrasound over other technologies:
- Does not require anaesthesia
- Lower cost than MRI (easier, more frequent rechecks)
- Able to visualise soft tissues as we move the area through active and passive motion - real time Ultrasound that can give us real time answers.
- Can be used to review the response to rehab and progression through the rehab program
- Offers an objective outcome measure to soft tissue treatments
Initial ultrasound is $200. Follow up exams are at a reduced rate.
If you think your dog might benefit from diagnostic ultrasound, get in touch with us below, so we can discuss their situation.