When can we help?
So when should you pick up the phone and call us at Primal Paws? The quick answer is anytime you want to chat about your pet. We are always happy to take a call and work through any worries or issues you are having on the phone. Since that seems a bit like cheating, we have brain-stormed a list of conditions and concerns that we can help your pet with. All of these conditions are areas where evidence that exercise and other techniques can improve patient outcomes or quality of life. Here's the big list:
- Heart failure.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Paralysis and Paresis.
- Cranial Cruciate disease- conservative management, pre and post operative.
- Hip and Elbow Dysplasia- conservative management, pre and post operative.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) elbow or shoulder, pre and post operative.
- Post amputation.
- Broken bones (post surgery).
- Traumatic injury.
- Patella luxation - conservative management, pre and post operative.
- Elbow and shoulder luxation.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Muscle injuries and tears.
- Muscle atrophy, disuse or compensation.
- Tendonopathies- Supraspinatus, Bicipital Tenosynobitis.
- Intervertebral disc disease (acute or chronic) - conservative management, pre and post operative.
- Vestibular disease.
- Cerebral accident (stroke).
- Going in the back legs/hind leg weakness.
- Chronic and acute pain.
- Changes or decrease in performance - reluctance to sit, jump, hold the ball or do contacts.
- Weight management.
Exercise changes the way the body works, influencing inflammation, hormones, metabolism and biomechanics. It is through the modification of chemicals and forces within your pet's body that we can assist with medical and physical conditions. We can treat pregnant animals safely through pregnancy, lactation and weaning. We love to involve your regular Veterinarian to ensure your pet gets the highest quality of therapy, they already know your pet and we use the knowledge to better tailor our treatment plans.
Better yet we would love to see your pet when they are fit and healthy, before they have any injuries or medical conditions. Prevention is always better than a cure.
Primal Paws can monitor your pets health as part of an injury prevention and conditioning program. Our close attention to detail and individual care allows us to notice small changes in your pets health and the early detection of disease.
So, if your pet has any of these conditions, or is fit and healthy and you would like us to help keep them that way, (or you just want to chat about your awesome furry friend), please give us a call.